субота, 2. новембар 2013.

Gonzalo García Vivanco: Heartthrob and Good Eater


Just minutes before the start of a concert, actor Gonzalo García Vivanco calmly came out of his trailer-dressing room. He portrays the handsome Lucho Vampa in “La Patrona.” We sat down for a few minutes to chat about food and the conversation actually went so well that I suddenly forgot about the hustle and bustle around us.
When I asked the actor what he likes to eat, he smiled discreetly. It was kind of like discovering his passion for food. “I actually always say that I’m a fat man trapped in the body of a thin man. I like eating all kinds of food. Obviously, I love Mexican food; my favorite dish in the whole world is well-served chilaquiles. I’m a comelón (big eater).”
This time I was the one to smile discreetly, because his comment touched me. I hadn’t heard that very Mexican term in a long time: comelón.
If you eat a lot, you will logically gain weight, so I asked him to share his secret for staying in shape. I’m sure all his fans will agree with me when I say he doesn’t need to gain or lose one single pound. “Thank God I have a pretty fast metabolism and good genetics, but I also exercise and like to eat healthy.”
The Mexican actor is very organized when it comes to his meals; this also allows him to indulge in irresistible desserts on weekends, such as chocolate cake. “I eat a lot, but I eat very healthy Monday through Friday. I eat organic food several times a day, every two or three hours. And on weekends, I let myself go and eat what I like: my desserts, my foods, and, of course my tequila”
He spends long hours filming the telenovela, working at least 10-hour days. But García Vivanco prepares the meals and snacks he will eat in advance.
“I pack my lunch box the night before. I cook and make myself some chicken, rice, vegetables, a sandwich, protein powder and toasted almonds. I prepare my lunch box in order to have something to eat.”
In addition to being handsome and talented, the actor, a native of Jalisco, Mexico, also likes to cook. The more I chatted with him, the more he impressed me. I was about to tell him, “I’m Your Fan,” like the title of one of the series he starred in.
“I relax when I cook. I even like coming up with new things. I cook the basic stuff I learned from my family, but sometimes I like to get creative. I make salmon with some sauce in the oven, season it with just a few spices, and combine it with some pasta or vegetables. I combine as I go, and I do come up with a lot of things.”
This telenovela heartthrob doesn’t rule out the possibility of one day publishing a book with his own recipes. “Why not?” he said convincingly.
The “Ojo por Ojo” actor explained that, since he likes eating very well, he has always researched information relating not to diets, but to healthy lifestyles and eating habits. But now more than ever he follows a certain diet plan, since his girlfriend is a nutritionist who obviously gives him some tips.
The term “sabor latino” provokes feelings in García Vivanco, because it is tied to “family, love, affection, comfort and food.”
“The subject of eating with the family is a very Latin thing. It’s a very important time when everyone helps out, sets the table, takes a seat, spends time together and chats,” the actor said, somewhat yearning for those days.
“I don’t see my family often, and it’s difficult. I have nine nieces and nephews. I moved to Miami, came back and realized I had missed spending a lot of time with them. They were so big, but I’m still close to them. It’s hard, but it’s part of my career and they understand.”
On a professional level, García Vivanco has already finished his work in “La Patrona,” and is ready to take on new challenges. Among these is hosting “Zona Trendy,” an E! Entertainment Television lifestyle, fashion and culture show in Mexico.
He has also just finished filming some scenes for the movie about the life of Cantinflas, in which he plays the role of a bullfighter. “My family is into bullfighting. I dressed up as a bullfighter in a traje de luces (suit of lights), which was embroidered in gold. It was a very nice theme.”
Posted in Celebrity SpotlightWhat's Rico

Нема коментара:

Постави коментар